Thursday, December 21, 2006

My Herimes Home



This crabitat has been set up for more than 3 months, and I've started off with 3 crabbies. Gradually as i developed more interest in this hobby I bought 6 more hermies, with a total of 8 crabbies in this small crabitat I have to stop buying any. All my hermies are rugosus, I'm looking forward to buy some other species and consider to upgrade to bigger tank if I were to introduce any new hermies. Hermies is an interesting creatures to watch, they loved climbing, exploring and digging. I've tried to simulate a crabitat as close to their natural environment as possile, so as to make them feel at home and comfortable. I've used a number of artificial plants in my crabitat as decor, it has been a good place for the hermies to climb, play and sleep. Further more setting up the decor plants was an easy task and it took little effort to maintain also. My recent addition was an hammock which i DIY out of a mesh with suction cup to hold it onto place. I've always try to look into area where i can imroved further to make the crabbies and me happier.

No comments: